Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Yummy scalloped potatoes w/ cheese. Sometimes I assemble this earlier in the day and put in the oven later.
- 4 -5 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced (I leave the skins on, but peel them, if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Place thinly sliced potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add onion, flour, salt, white pepper, paprika, ground mustard, parsley and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar. Toss to mix well. Place this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Pour heavy cream and milk over top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until top is to desired browness/bubbliness.
These didn't look too appetizing and I am not sure why. It looked like the cream separated or something. They tasted great though. I did the receipe as as but I myself found it didn't taste cheesy enough for me. But as I said it tasted great though. Thanks for your posting Parsley..I will definitely make this again.
Great taste Parsley ! I liked these much better than DH did, I personally thought that the mustard and paprika added quite a lot to the "usual" scalloped potato style recipe which I already love. Pasta prefering DH would have marked it a 3 star recipe given half the chance but what does he know about a good potato recipe when it's staring him in the face??? This was easy and tasty and my only hassle was not having quite anough cheddar cheese on hand so I added some Gouda to complete the mix. I will be enjoying this recipe again becuase it's true yummy comfort food, DH can have pasta on his own. Please see my rating system, a lovely 4 stars :) Thanks!
I was attracted to this recipe because I didn't have to pre-cook the potatoes, and I'm so glad that I found this! YUM!!! Got all 5 stars from my kids (as well as myself) for flavor, and the ease of preparing this wonderful dish earned my whole heart! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, as it is a KEEPER in my house and one of my "Newly Found Favorites!" Your directions were right on the money, and the result was amazing! :)