Recipe by cookalot #2
I haven't made these yet, but plan to soon. The recipe comes from a pamphlet for the dairy industry.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs scallops, chopped
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup medium cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten separately
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine scallops, green onions, and cheese.
- Sprinkle with flour and add 1 beaten egg.
- salt and pepper to taste,and refrigerate for several minutes.
- Shape scallop mixture into 8 cakes.
- Coat each cake with flour and then dip into egg.
- and then into breadcrumbs.
- Over medium heat melt butter and add oil.
- Cook cakes about 2min. per side or until golden.
- For a change use swiss, gouda,havarti.