Recipe by Shelby, the wannabe chef
Found on Lightlife's website. Personally, not gonna lie, this isn't exactly 5-star material, but it's an easy one to try.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (I used #137952)
- 0.25 (14 ounce) packagepackage Gimmie Lean sausage flavor (I actually used double that, 1/2 of a package.. which is 7 oz, for anyone who is going to use meat.)
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups soymilk (I used fat-free, and it still tasted great...) or 2 cups rice milk (I used fat-free, and it still tasted great...)
- 3 whole eggs (I actually used 5 egg whites, & 1 whole egg..) or 3 whole egg substitute (I actually used 5 egg whites, & 1 whole egg..)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (I omitted this because of my lack of onions..)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (I used like 1/2 cup sharp 2% cheddar cheese) or 1⁄4 cup soy cheese (I used like 1/2 cup sharp 2% cheddar cheese)
- freshly grated nutmeg (Use lots, it tastes good ( ])
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Saute sausage and onions in cooking oil or spray, then transfer to cooled pie shell.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage and onions. Beat milk and eggs, add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix together and pour over sausage, onions and cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve (I personally cooked it for about 45 minutes, & it wasn't burnt.).