Shelby, the wannabe chef's Note:
Found on Lightlife's website. Personally, not gonna lie, this isn't exactly 5-star material, but it's an easy one to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (I used #137952)
- 0.25 (14 ounce) package package Gimmie Lean sausage flavor (I actually used double that, 1/2 of a package.. which is 7 oz, for anyone who is going to use meat.)
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups soymilk (I used fat-free, and it still tasted great...) or 2 cups rice milk (I used fat-free, and it still tasted great...)
- 3 whole eggs (I actually used 5 egg whites, & 1 whole egg..) or 3 whole egg substitute (I actually used 5 egg whites, & 1 whole egg..)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I omitted this because of my lack of onions..)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (I used like 1/2 cup sharp 2% cheddar cheese) or 1/4 cup soy cheese (I used like 1/2 cup sharp 2% cheddar cheese)
- freshly grated nutmeg (Use lots, it tastes good ( ])
- salt & pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Saute sausage and onions in cooking oil or spray, then transfer to cooled pie shell.
- 2Sprinkle cheese over sausage and onions. Beat milk and eggs, add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 3Mix together and pour over sausage, onions and cheese.
- 4Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve (I personally cooked it for about 45 minutes, & it wasn't burnt.).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar "sausage" Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 191.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Gimmie Lean sausage flavor