Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
I found this on Inn Chef Im not sure how many this makes
- 6 ounces chopped pork shoulder
- 2 ounces bacon
- 2 ounces grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until thoroughly combined but still chunky.
- Place the mixtrure in a piping bag.
- Spread a sheet of large plastic wrap out on a just moistened work surface and pipe out a large bead of the sausage filling.
- Leave several inches of platic wrap empty on either side of the sausage.
- Roll up the plastic wrap carefully,try to avoid forming any air bubbles inside the plastic.
- Grasp both ends of the plastic wrap and twirl the works repeatedly until the plastic tightens around the sausage.
- If any air pockets form prick them with a pin.
- Tie off both ends of the plastic then tie off the sausage at regular intervals forming links.
- Poached the plastic wrapped links in simmering water for 5-7 minutes,depending on their thickness.
- Just cook them through then cool the sausages by immersing them in ice water for a few minutes.
- Cut off the plastic wrap and squeeze out the sausage.
- When ready to serve quickly reheat them by browning them in a bit of butter until heated through.
- Serve immediately.