Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
I found this recipe in the Martha White Southern Traditions cookbook. It has become a favorite in my house because of its flavor and crisp texture.
- 1 2⁄3 cups martha white self rising flour
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Generously grease large cookie sheet. In a large bowl, combine flour and cheese; mix well. Add salsa, butter and water; stir just until blended.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently just until smooth. Press or roll out dough to 12x6 inch rectangle. With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 2x1 inch strips. With thin spatua, place strips about 1/2 inch apart on greased chookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.