Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A relatively healthy and super-fast mashed potatoes recipe from Redbook Magazine. Serve with Roasted Citrus-Crumbed Cod.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, bring potatoes, with enough cold water to cover, to a boil. Boil 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; return to pot. Add milk and sage; mash over low heat until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Mound mashed potatoes on serving plates.
Easy and pretty healthy, but needed at least 1/4 cup more milk, IMO.