Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I clipped this recipe out of the local paper. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds really yummy and perfect for those cool fall days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the buttermilk and 2 Tbs. of the oil in a large measuring cup or small bowl.
- Add the eggs and beat until just mixed. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the cheese, corn, onion and sage and mix well.
- Place remaining oil in a 9-inch square baking dish. Place dish in the oven and heat for 2 minutes. Remove dish from oven and swirl the oil around to coat the interior of the pan.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until bread is crusty and browned.
- Let bread stand for 5 minutes before slicing into squares. Serve hot with butter, if desired.
This came out a lot thicker than I was used to for cornbread. It was more like a corn bread cake. It still tasted good, but I don't know what measurments need to be modified for it to be more breadlike.