Recipe by cblinski
I found this recipe on a low carb website. It was very easy to make. I double the recipe along with the ranch but it was too ranchy. Will make it again but not double the rancy dressing. Prep time and cooking time are an estimate. I started everything and put the oven on warm and cooked it while I went to a movie and when I got home I turned it to 400, added dressing and cooked for 20 more minutes.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 -12 slices bacon
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese (I used Mexican Blend and it was good)
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out stips of bacon on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees while browning the chicken.
- Lightly brown chicken in olive oil and place in a 9 x 13 dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Take out bacon and place 2 pieces of bacon over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of your cheddar cheese. Bake at 400 degrees until almost done.
- While that is cooking mix together the softned cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and enough halfn-half to bring the mixture to the consistency of ranch dressing.
- When chicken is almost done, drizzle dressing mixture lightly over chicken
- then add to rest of your cheese and cook until the cheese is melted and juices run clear.