Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A heavier bread that is great with soup or stew!
Make and share this Cheddar Quick Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flours, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the beaten eggs with the applesauce and milk.
- Whisk together until well blended.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir vigorously until completely mixed.
- Stir in the cheese and optional dill.
- Pour the mixture into an oiled, 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned and a knife inserted into the center tests clean.
- Remove from the pan after 10 to 15 minutes and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes 1 loaf.
Excellent versatile quick bread. I used it as a side to Italian cheese tortellini soup, and can see using it with many other kinds of soups as well. I certainly liked it with the dill, and may even add a little more next time.