Recipe by lazyme
From the October 1996 Cooking Light, these easy potatoes are a family favorite.
Top Review by HokiesMom
We had a 5-star meal tonight with these as our side dish. The family loved every bite and I loved that it was quick and simple to make. My grandson especially loved poking holes in the potatoes before cooking. Used a sweet vidalia onion and Yukon gold potatoes. Absolutely perfect for our family. Found and made during ZWT8.
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1 medium vidalia onion, 1/4-inch wedges
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange on paper towels in microwave oven.
- Microwave at HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes, turning once.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters.
- Place potatoes and onion wedges in an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat tops of vegetables with cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with lemon pepper and salt.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cook an additional 3 minutes or until cheese melts.