Recipe by Kim1
This is a wonderful soup if you perfer not to add the liquid smoke thatis ok. You can also jaz it up with a bit of hot sauce. Cook onlow to make sure that there is no burning.
Top Review by Sharon123
This soup was delicious! I used vegetarian chicken seasoning with water and cream of celery soup. I didn't have any celery. The liquid smoke and cheddar cheese made this taste wonderful. I added a little grated Parmesan cheese on top. Thanks for a good tater soup!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cans chicken stock
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion and celery in butter in large dutch oven pan.
- Add chicken stock and soup along with potatoes.
- Add water to completely cover the potatoes.
- Cook till potatoes are tender.
- Add liquid smoke and cheddar cheese just before serving.
- Stir to melt cheese.