Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good. My mouth is already watering! I wanted to make some this weekend but hubby says wait until cooler weather. I don't know if I can wait that long...
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 177.44 ml chopped celery
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1182.95 ml potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 709.77 ml water
- 709.77 ml milk, divided
- 19.71 ml chicken bouillon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 946.36 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 226.79 g cooked bacon, crumbled
- In large dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in 2 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Combine flour and remaining 1 cup milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup.
- Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Add cheese and bacon; stir until cheese is melted.
I have never been a huge fan of potato soup. I do love this recipe though. It is thick, creamy, and very satisfying. Instead of a Dutch oven I used a large cooking pot.