Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very creamy soup. Cheddar gives it a sunny color and tantalizing taste. A good meal starter, it’s also a great choice for a light lunch or supper when teamed with a salad and bread.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- seasoned croutons
- minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Garnish with croutons and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
- Country Woman.
It's creamy, thick and cheesey. I like that this is made from ingredients that are most always on hand. I pureed the soup with my immersion blender and left just a few chunks for texture. I garnished with the fresh parsley and cooked crumbled bacon for the boys. Thanx for a wonderful soup!