Recipe by Jellyqueen
A substitute for plain potato soup and delicious!
Top Review by CoffeeB
This is comfort food to the max. Thick, rich and creamy. Instead of adding croutons I opted to throw in a little ground sausage as DS think's he needs meat in every meal. :-) Fantastic!!! Made for ZaarStars.
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 78.07 ml chopped celery
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 946.36 ml diced peeled potatoes
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 226.79 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml milk
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml paprika
- seasoned croutons
- minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with croutons and parsley.