Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A substitute for plain potato soup and delicious!
Make and share this Cheddar Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with croutons and parsley.
This is comfort food to the max. Thick, rich and creamy. Instead of adding croutons I opted to throw in a little ground sausage as DS think's he needs meat in every meal. :-) Fantastic!!! Made for ZaarStars.
Very good. Perfect for Fall/Winter. I did add a little salt and some more cheese, but very good as is. Will definately make again. Thank you.
This soup is delicious and satisfying -- warms you from the inside out. The only change I made was adding salt - otherwise I wouldn't change a thing. I loved this and will definitely make it again!