Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great for leftover mashed potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in non-stick pan.
- Saute onions.
- Toss cooked onions with the potatoes and half the cheese.
- Melt remaining butter in pan.
- Pat potato mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until 8 to 10 minutes.
- The underside should be golden and the cheese should be melted.
Now I don't know why I did not think of this! This is a fantastic way to use left over mashed potatoes as will as just made potatoes. The kids loved this recipe as well as I did. Thank you for posting! I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game.