Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband likes this chowder... and it helps knowing the Diabetic exchanges, since he is a diabetic.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Stir the ham and the cheese sauce into undrained vegetables; stir until combined.
Have made this many times. Very quick and easy . One of my regulars
Loved this. I added 1/2 c. corn also. When I think of chowder I always think of corn. Good recipe