Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
an easy casserole, with hash brown potatoes, chicken flavor, cheese, and onions.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- In alarge mixing bowl, combine hash browns, onion, 1/2 cup (1 stick margarine, sour cream, soup, and cheese, and mix throughly.
- Grease 9x13 inch baking dish, and pour into it.
- Combine corn flakes, and remaining 1/2 stick melted margarine, and sprinkle over top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees, for 45 minutes or until the edges start to bubble.
This is a family favorite at our house! Try grating the onion...blends well with the hash browns.
I made half the recipe using southern-style hashbrowns, could not find shredded. These were really good! I also used cornflake crumbs rather than crushed up cornflakes. Will make these again were so easy to mix up and put in the oven. They came out creamy and cheesy! Made for 123Hits.
I have used this recipe lots of times for family get togethers...there is never any left......so yummy!!!