Recipe by piranhabriana
This is from the Quick, Easy, & Delicious Recipe Collection by International Masters.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Lightly grease a shallow baking dish; set aside.
- Place potato sliced in a large saucepan; add milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and bring mixture to a boil over medium heat- reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally till potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Rub cut sides of garlic against the inside of prepared baking dish.
- Usin a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to dish, pour 3/4 cup milk mixture from pan over potatoes.
- Sprinkle Cheddar and butter evenly over top of potatoes, bake potatoes till golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.