Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I started to compile quick and easy recipes for dinner when my husband retired. This is an example.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces potatoes, pared, thinly sliced, and dried throughly
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet that has an oven-safe handle heat oil; brush pan with oil to coat entire bottom.
- Spread potato slices over bottom of pan, overlapping slices slightly, using a pancake turner, press slices down.
- Cook over medium heat, until potatoes are tender and the underside forms a crisp, brown crust, remove from heat.
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl combine cheese, chives, mustard, and red pepper; sprinkle over potato crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around.
- Break 1 egg into small cup and carefully slide onto cheese mixture; repeat with remaining 3 eggs, one at a time, spacing egg evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake 5 to 7 minutes or until done to taste. Using a spatula, loosen edges of pancake from skillet; slide pancake onto serving plate and cut into wedges.