Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From another magazine clipping from ages ago.
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1cup)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Place biscuit mix in a large bowl with basil. Stir in milk with a fork until soft dough forms.
- Knead dough a few times on a floured board.
- Roll out into a 16x1-inch rectangle; brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle cheese evenly over dough.
- Fold in thirds lengthwise. You will have a 16x3-inch strip.
- Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with poppy seeds; cut crosswise into 16 one-inch strips.
- Place on on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a hot oven (425°F) 10 minutes or until strips are golden brown. Serve warm.