Recipe by Geema
You will love the ease of making these spectacular biscuit pinwheels. You can vary the cheese to suit your menu and they are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Top Review by Derf
Had to come back and redo this review, I forgot to mention the first time around that 20 minutes was way too long to bake these. I made them again yesterday, we really do love them, great taste, nice and light and a lovely biscuit texture, but I did take them out of the oven at about 12/15 minutes both times. I am quite positive my oven temp is correct, pretty much right on, in any case we do love them but don't cook them for 20 minutes or you'll have rocks. Again thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, extra sharp,grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl and then cut in the butter.
- (I use my food processor, whirling just until the mixture is crumbly) Add the milk and stir together quickly but thoroughly.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead for 30 seconds then roll out to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Spread with the grated cheese and roll up tightly like cinnamon rolls.
- Cut into 3/4 inch slices and transfer to baking sheets and bake in a moderate oven (375 degrees F.) for 20 minutes or until delicately browned.