Prep 5 hrs
Cook 50 mins
This is absolutely delicious! plan ahead, this needs to chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 5-24 hours. If you are making this for dinner, you can prepare in the morning and bake for supper in the evening. Make certain to just pour the egg/cream mixture around the edges to create a ring-like effect. This is a fantastic cheese pie to serve to you guests, the baked pie is not only delicious but makes a beautiful presentation. You will love this!
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 onion, finely chopped, divided
- seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese or 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup spinach (frozen, thawed and hand squeezed to drain any excess moisture, you can use half a box or use the who)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (use old cheddar for this)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- grated parmesan cheese (optional) or romano cheese (optional)
- Grease a 9 or 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- In a bowl combine hash browns with about 1/4 cups finely chopped onions.
- Press into the prepared pie plate to form a crust.
- Sprinkle crust with a little seasoning salt or white salt and pepper, Romano or Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Then sprinkle with the spinach, and then the feta cheese on top of the spinach.
- Top evenly with grated cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs with half and half cream (or milk if using) and pour the egg mixture around the edge of the pie, (the egg mixture is only to sit around the edges that is why you start pouring around edges firstly).
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped onion on top of the cheddar cheese in the center of the pie.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley in a rind around the onions, the sprinkle the paprika around the parsley to make an outside ring.
- Refrigerate pie for 5-24 hours.
- When ready to bake set oven to 32°F.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool and cut into 6 slices.
- Sprinkle the slices with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese when serving if desired.