Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Fort Worth magazine from Feastivities. Everyone enjoyed this appetizer. Looks great for Christmas.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces jalapeno jelly
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- In large bowl, mix butter, cheese, pecans, cayeene and salt. Gradually mix in flour. Result will be a stiff dough like shortbread. Form into logs 1-inch thick by 10 inches long. Wrap in wax paper and refrigrate until firm, at least 3 hours. (Refrigerate up to 5 days, frozen up to 6 months.).
- Preheat oven to 350°F Remove dough from wax paper and slice into 1-inch pieces. Lightly press each piece in palm of hand; using thumb make a 1/4 inch indentation in center of each. Fill thumbprint with 1 teaspoon jelly and sprinkle with cranberries on top.
- Place on nonstick cookie sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake 15- 20 minutes or until firm and slightly browned at edges. For best flavor do no overcook. May be served warm at room temperature.
This recipe is spectacular! I've tried to leave a rating 3 times, but no success!