Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Every time I make this, people beg me for the recipe. It's the perfect combination of sweet and savory; the ultimate comfort-food pie.
- 4 large ripe pears, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a bowl, combine pears, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Pour into pastry shell.
- Combine topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm. Store in the refrigerator--if you have any left!
This is a delightful recipe. A different combination of flavors than what I would usually make but is surprised me. Thanks!