Recipe by mj Sergent
An odd combination but people always ask for the recipe!
Top Review by Emzee
I am pretty sure my fiance asked me to marry him because of this pie. :)
It is absolutely perfect. I use refrigerated pie crusts so it is super easy. I probably make it every two weeks. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
- 4 large fresh pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine pears, sugar, corn starch and salt.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 425° for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Store in the refrigerator.