Recipe by Dani Jean
A girl at work brought this one day. It was decent, not a five star, but definately useful for getting rid of pears.
- 4 large ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine pears, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Col on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Store in the refrigerator.