Recipe by Sue Lau
Nice cheesy potatoes, a little better than au gratin. Real comfort food. Prep time includes time to cook the potatoes.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Hi Myrna...tryed your cheddar Parmesan potatoes, they were a great sucess, everyone loved them, especially my DH, he loves potatoes in and shape size or form, and could probably eat them for a main dish ... the only thing I changed was, I added lots of minced fresh garlic in with the melted butter, we are big garlic lovers here, and put garlic on just about everything ...my DH even eats them raw, also I added a bit more cheddar than the 4 ounces it called for, and doubled the recipe, as I was serving 8 people for dinner...This dish is simalar to scalloped potatoes, but mabey even better. Thanx for a great recipe...I will be making this again, soon :-)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 medium potatoes, cooked peeled,and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup butter over low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add the milk slowly, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the salt and the cheeses, stirring until they melt.
- Fold in the potatoes, stirring gently until coated.
- Place the mixture in a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Toss the melted tbsp of butter with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.