Recipe by ICook4danny&Puddin
This recipe is off a pakage of white lily quick grits, they are different from other grits because the grit is bigger and they are dry milled which leaves more of the corn flavor. But you could use another grits.
- 1 cup white lily quick-cooking grits or 1 cup another quick-cooking grits
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350. spray a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray. bring water and butter to a boil, stir in grits. return to a boil, reduce heat to medium low. cover and simmer 9 to 12 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. add remaining ingredients to grits. spread evenly in prepared pan. bake 30 to 40 minutes or until center is firm.