Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account and have not yet made it. Update: I have since made this and they did not turn out for me. Not sure what happened or where I went wrong but there seemed to not be enough flour for the amount of wet ingredients. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them!
- Set out a heavy skillet.
- Put the grated Cheddar Cheese in a bowl and add the sour cream and egg yolks, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour salt thyme and dry mustard, which have been mixed well in a separate bowl or cup.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over low heat and drop the batter by Tbsp into the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Loosen the edges with a spatula, turn and lightly brown the other side.
- Serve at once with bacon or sausage.
I really enjoyed this tasty savory pancake Flower. I scaled it down for one person, it worked really well. The pancakes were very fragile, while baking, be gentle when turning. They firm up nicely as they cool. I served them wrapped around a slice of chicken, drizzled with cilantro mayonnaise for a truly spectacular lunch. What an amazing flavor these pancakes have. Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe. Made for Spring Pac 2014.
I would have given only one star except the "batter" tasted so good. It did not turn out as a pancake at all. Not even close to the picture. Stuck to the pan and turned into a mess, more like scrambled eggs. Imagine trying to fry a pile of cheese and sour cream. It doesn't stick together to flip, it sticks to the pan instead. And I was using a teflon pan with a lot of butter. But the batter tasted wonderful, I would use it to make a cheese empanada or something like that. I must confess that I ate that scrambled mess anyway. Maybe more flour? I dont't understand why the recipe listed flour twice in the ingredients, maybe there is a typo.
Great pancakes !!! Made exactly as posted. Excellent flavor, and taste. Served with Bacon rolled omelets. A real easy great tasting recipe making to start off the morning. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.