I adopted this from the Recipezaar account and have not yet made it. Update: I have since made this and they did not turn out for me. Not sure what happened or where I went wrong but there seemed to not be enough flour for the amount of wet ingredients. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them!
- Set out a heavy skillet.
- Put the grated Cheddar Cheese in a bowl and add the sour cream and egg yolks, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour salt thyme and dry mustard, which have been mixed well in a separate bowl or cup.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over low heat and drop the batter by Tbsp into the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Loosen the edges with a spatula, turn and lightly brown the other side.
- Serve at once with bacon or sausage.