Recipe by Janet W
I found this on the Sargento.com website and this was so good. Whenever my husband tells me that it's really good and I can make it again I figure it's worth posting. I hope you will try this and enjoy it as well.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sargento limited edition shredded wisconsin extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp. mango chutney, large pieces of mango chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced apple
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- paprika (optional) or smoked paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons of the chutney, apple and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- 2. Cut a pocket in side of each chicken breast, taking care not to cut through top or bottom of chicken.* Stuff cheese mixture into chicken, pressing edges together to enclose stuffing. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush remaining 1/4 cup chutney over tops of chicken breasts. Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/2 cup cheese; sprinkle over chicken. Sprinkle paprika lightly over chicken if desired.
- 3. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.