Recipe by Geema
This hearty muffin is good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I can make them quickly when I don't have any bread or rolls on hand; and we especially enjoy them hot from the oven with soups or stews.
Top Review by msmia
I used this recipe as a guideline but made too many substitutions & alterations (tofu sour cream w/ dill, soy milk, 1/2 cheddar & 1/2 mozzarella and different amts of parsley & onion) to give a meaningful rating. That said, the texture was good & I will definitely make again w/ additional alterations. Thanks for an inspiring recipe!
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processer, chop the onions and parsley together until minced, but not liquified.
- Remove from blender and set mixture aside.
- Without cleaning the food processor, add the cheese, egg, milk, sour cream, butter and sugar.
- Pulse a couple of times to blend well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, paprika and cayenne.
- Process just until combined, do not overmix.
- Stir in the chopped onions and parsley.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.