Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A casserole of comfort food inspired by a green bean casserole recipe and taken up a notch. DH loved it and I must say, it was pretty doggone good!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups milk (or 2 1/2 cups milk if you want a bit more "gravy")
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups French's cheddar french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" baking pan or large casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix the cheddar cheese soup with milk and Italian seasoning, whisking until smooth.
- Ladle enough of the soup mix into the bottom of the baking pan just to coat the bottom.
- In a frying pan, start browning the ground beef and crushed garlic.
- While ground beef is cooking, peel potatoes if you want (I didn't), slice thinly and place in layers in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Drain ground beef and garlic mixture.
- Put ground beef, green beans and remaining soup mix on top of potatoes in the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Top with grated cheese and onion rings and bake an additional 10 minutes.
husband liked it but i didn't.
Delectable comfort food. My DH was really happy with his dinner on this cool and rainy day. The french fried onions complete this recipe. Thanks for posting.