Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Get ready for some football and some great food. This dip is perfect for tailgating.
Make and share this Cheddar-Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large vidalia onion, trimmed and grated (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- scallion, chopped for garnish
- assorted cracker, for serving
- In medium-size cast iron or oven-safe skillet, combine onion, cheeses, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Cook over grill heated to medium heat, stirring until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions, if desired, and serve with crackers.
Lainey, this dip is simply AWESOME!!!! It is creamy, cheesy and oh so addictive! Mmmmm! I luved evey single bite of this and could have eaten the whole thing in one sitting. lol I made half the recipe and it was gone faster than I could look. Everyone raved about it! Best of all to get all this cheesy goodness you dont need to spend all that much time. Its super fast to whip up, too. What a winner! I only made one change and that was to skip the grilling as it was too hot outside to turn on the oven. It was super melty and creamy without it, too. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it with us! Ill certainly make this again and again! Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag June 2010.