Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is great as a appetizer or as the bread with the main course.
- 24 rhodes frozen dough rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 0.5 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions in 2 tablespoons of butter until onions are clear, but not brown. Add 1/4 cup butter and onion soup mix.
- Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut rolls in half and dip in soup mixture. Layer in bundt pan, alternating with cheddar cheese.
- Continue dipping and layering until all the rolls are in the bundt pan. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap.
- Let rise until double in size or until rolls reach the top of the pan. Do not over rise.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cover with foil last 15 minutes of baking. Do not under bake. Remove from pan and immediately invert onto serving platter.