Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick, easy, and tasty potatoes that are a nice party or potluck dish and also a great meatless entree served with a side dish.
- 6 russet potatoes, large
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake potatoes for approximately one hour or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out pulp, place in mixing bowl, and leave a 1/4 inch shell, set aside.
- Add cream to potato pulp and mash. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, mushrooms, garlic salt, basil, and oregano. Setting aside 2 tablespoons of bacon, add the remaining bacon to the potatoes.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells and top with remaining cheese and bacon. Microwave uncovered, on high for 3 to 4 1/2 minutes or bake uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes making sure potatoes are heated thru. Serve immediately.
Awesome potatoes! Pefect combination to add mushrooms, cheese and bacon to these potatoes. This was a meal in itself for us! Thanks for sharing.