Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect veggie alternative for pork saugages to serve with mash & gravy.
Make and share this Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese Sausages recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 225 g mozzarella cheese, drained & grated
- 200 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 6 spring onions, trimmed & finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 ml oil
- Put all the ingrediants, apart from the oil into a large bowl & season well.Using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 12 pieces & mould each into a sausage shape.Cover & chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Half fill a deep, heavy-based saucepan with oil & place over a medium heat until it reachs 180c ( to test if it is ready drop in a cube of bread - it should turn brown in 40 seconds) Deep-fry the sausages in batches of 3-4 for 3 minutes or until richly golden. Remove & drain on kitchen paper before serving.