Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband was very disappointed that there wasn't more of this! I think next time, I may make two. Combined a couple different recipes for this one. When originally posted I forgot to add spices *blush*.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger (ground beef)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with milk.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of cheese, oats, bread crumbs, onion, and spices.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Scoop into loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Spoon over loaf.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup cheese on top and return to oven until cheese is melted.
This is delicious, and so easy to put together! For breadcrumbs, I used some Pepperidge Farm croutons. I used the Pampered Chef's Southwestern Seasoning Mix as the roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix since it contains all the essential ingredients. Thanks, Sam #3! Made for PRMR.
I liked the recipe well enough but found it rather ordinary...No seasoning in the meat to speak of, it seems to rely on the cheddar, onion and a basic sauce on top for all it's flavor...I do NOT believe in seasoning something to death but this meatloaf needs something...Perhaps garlic powder or chili powder or worcestershire or steak sauce to the meat mixture, anything to perk it up...For a PLAIN meatloaf it's o-kaaay, but only use it for meatloaf sandwiches, not as an entree...So I'm terribly sorry but all I could give this is 3 stars...