Recipe by Sam #3
My husband was very disappointed that there wasn't more of this! I think next time, I may make two. Combined a couple different recipes for this one. When originally posted I forgot to add spices *blush*.
Top Review by mersaydees
This is delicious, and so easy to put together! For breadcrumbs, I used some Pepperidge Farm croutons. I used the Pampered Chef's Southwestern Seasoning Mix as the roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix since it contains all the essential ingredients. Thanks, Sam #3! Made for PRMR.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger (ground beef)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with milk.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of cheese, oats, bread crumbs, onion, and spices.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Scoop into loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Spoon over loaf.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup cheese on top and return to oven until cheese is melted.