Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
Can substitute ground turkey. Adapted from What's Gaby Cooking blog.
Make and share this Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers With Guacamole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
Choice of Toppings
- sour cream
- red onion
- chipotle salsa
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl.
- Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, incorporate everything together. Make sure everything is evenly incorporated without over mixing the ground chicken.
- Form the mixture into four 1/2"-thick patties. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve each patty in a burger bun topped with guacamole and sour cream and salsa if desired.
I love this recipe! I felt it needs a bit more salt than what is called for. I have also topped this with a slice of chipotle gouda and guacamole. Absolutely delicious and extremely filling! I usually eat this without a bun and still cannot finish! My family and I prefer these over your standard beef hamburger. Excellent recipe! On a side note, I grind my own chicken breasts rather than buy the pre-ground product from the store. You can use a standard meat grinder or grind in a food processor.