Recipe by Mirj
Corn kernels and cheese fried in butter, what could be more comfort-foody?
Top Review by chia
this was a fun recipe that got 5 different ratings from the 5 different people who ate it. i liked it alot, but i felt it could have used some cayenne. i ate mine with some hot sauce. dh liked it-ok, dd3 said it was good, dd4 who never eats anything new tried it and loved it, she ate hers with -ketchup(why?- wish i knew) she was upstairs and wanted to know if i was making french toast because the aroma was enticing. dd1 only had a half of one, said they were good-she cheated on atkins for you- this took me 5 minutes to prep and about 20 minutes to cook, i actually got 10 fritters out of the batch this is a great recipe to play with. adding herbs and spices and different cheeses will be fun
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed and coarsely chopped or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2-1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (2-4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients to form batter.
- Heat a large 12-inch non-stick skillet on medium-low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan per batch.
- Drop 1/4 cup measures of batter into skillet.
- Fritters will be about 4 inches in diameter.
- Pan will accommodate four fritters per batch.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden.