1/4 Photos of Cheddar-Herb Beer Bread
I found this on the internet and the poster stated this was an Alton Brown recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat the inside of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with the nonstick spray and set aside.
- 2Whisk together the all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and herbs in a large mixing bowl. Add in the cheese and stir in the beer just to combine. Spread the batter, which will form into a ball, evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds, if using. (I moistened the top with beaten egg and we didn’t have sunflower seeds).
- 3Bake on the middle rack of the oven about 45 to 55 minutes.
- 4Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer the loaf to a cooling rack for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 5Serve warm.
- 6Option - 1) Rosemary-Feta.
- 72 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary and 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- 8Option - 2) Italian.
- 91 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano.
- 102 minced cloves of garlic, and 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan.
- 11Here are some more tasty things that can be add:
- 121 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary.
- 132 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 142 Tablespoons chopped fresh.
- 152 minced garlic cloves.
- 161/4 cup chopped fresh chives,.
- 171/2 cup chopped scallions.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar-Herb Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (881 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1982.4
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.6 mg
- Sodium 4138.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 307.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.6 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 71.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: