Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite 'comfort' foods...sure you could prolly stop and skip the oven part but its on a divine NEW level done as Ive written it! Add a nice salad to complete the meal!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter (or margarine) in a skillet --.
- Add green pepper and onion and saute until tender. Turn off the burner --.
- Crumble the corned beef hash into the same skillet (with a fork) and stir until the onion, pepper and hash are well blended --.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and then spoon into an 8" oven proof casserole dish --.
- Prepare the instant mashed potatoes per pkg. directions and swirl atop the hash mixture --.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheddar cheese over all and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 30 minute.
- Variations: use a different cheese such as monterey jack; use real mashed potato instead of the instant (as long as you don't mind the added prep time).
This is soo yummy. We used more cheese on top and instant mash potatoes. This was quick comfort food. Husband said this a keeper!!!
My Husband and I loved this recipe !! I changed it up a bit though. I sauted the onion, green pepper and 2 cans of corned beef hash until browned and crispy. Then add the cheese until melted. I left off the mashed potatoes. Serve it with fried eggs for breakfast. Delicious !! Thank you for the recipe.