This is one of my favorite 'comfort' foods...sure you could prolly stop and skip the oven part but its on a divine NEW level done as Ive written it! Add a nice salad to complete the meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt butter (or margarine) in a skillet --.
- 3Add green pepper and onion and saute until tender. Turn off the burner --.
- 4Crumble the corned beef hash into the same skillet (with a fork) and stir until the onion, pepper and hash are well blended --.
- 5Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and then spoon into an 8" oven proof casserole dish --.
- 6Prepare the instant mashed potatoes per pkg. directions and swirl atop the hash mixture --.
- 7Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheddar cheese over all and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 30 minute.
- 8Variations: use a different cheese such as monterey jack; use real mashed potato instead of the instant (as long as you don't mind the added prep time).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Hash Bake
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 281.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 12.2 g