Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve warm from the oven with a bowl of soup for lunch or an easy week night dinner!
Make and share this Cheddar & Green Onion Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Sift dry ingredients together; using a pastry cutter, 2 knives or a food processor, cut in butter until only small bits are visible.
- Add cheddar & green onions, tossing until evenly distributed; pour in a cup of buttermilk or sour cream & stir until dough forms.
- Increase liquid if necessary - I used 11/2 cups of full fat sour cream.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, pat until ½ inch thick & cut with a biscuit or cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place about 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet (or use cooking spray) and bake above the centre of a preheated 450F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
These had a great flavor but the dough was quite sticky. I had to add more flour. I used the buttermilk instead of the sour cream. Perhaps next time I will try the sour cream. Thank you.
wholesome and fluffy and perfect!
These biscuits are beautiful. I made them tonight to accompany barbequed chicken and salad. I used extra old Biemeister Gouda from Holland as I did not have any cheddar (better). I had a one cup container of full fat sour cream which I thinned with a bit of water as the liquid. A flavourful and fluffy biscuit that I will definitely make again.