Recipe by CountryLady
Serve warm from the oven with a bowl of soup for lunch or an easy week night dinner!
Top Review by Isha M.
Measurement for buttermilk should be less, with 1 cup itself it becomes sticky. There is no spice element in the recipe. I added finely chopped green chillies, it it turned out fine.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated orange cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 green onions, thinly sliced or 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 2 1⁄4 cups buttermilk or 2 1⁄4 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together; using a pastry cutter, 2 knives or a food processor, cut in butter until only small bits are visible.
- Add cheddar & green onions, tossing until evenly distributed; pour in a cup of buttermilk or sour cream & stir until dough forms.
- Increase liquid if necessary - I used 11/2 cups of full fat sour cream.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, pat until ½ inch thick & cut with a biscuit or cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place about 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet (or use cooking spray) and bake above the centre of a preheated 450F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.