Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful accompaniment to any meal! These taste just as great reheated in the microwave for about 20 seconds each. You could substitute pepper jack or Monterey Jack for the cheese. You could also sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Stir baking mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms.
- Drop by 9 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together margarine and garlic powder.
- Brush over warm biscuits.
This could not have been easier. I made these at the last second for dinner and they were perfect. My wife is pretty picky about her biscuits and I think these are her new favorite. I used a tiny bit more milk and also cooked them for 11 minutes. They also only made 8 for me but that may be a personal biscuit size issue. Great!
I had to add an extra splash of milk to get the dough to hold together. Next time I will add a little more, or maybe cut in some butter, because the biscuits were very crumbly. Also, as a family of garlic lovers, we always double the garlic in every recipe. I did that, but we felt that these could have used a little more, or possibly a little other seasoning. They were very good. I will just make a few slight adjustments next time I make them.