1/2 Photos of Cheddar French Toast With Dried Fruit Syrup
Sydney Mike's Note:
Found the original of this recipe in the Fall 2009 Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook. Another recipe that has been tweaked! Cooking time really depends on the number of slices of bread that can be cooked at one time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SYRUP
FOR THE FRENCH TOAST
- 1FOR THE SYRUP: In a medium bowl, combine syrup, fruit & nuts, then cover & let stand overnight.
- 2FOR THE FRENCH TOAST: Cut a slit in the crust of each slice of bread to form a pocket, then stuff each pocket with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk & salt, then in this mixture soak the bread for 2 minutes per side.
- 4On a hot, greased griddle cook the bread slices until golden brown on both sides.
- 5Serve 2 slices of French toast on a plate & top it with the dried fruit syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar French Toast With Dried Fruit Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1161.6
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 181.9 mg
- Sodium 1031.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 209.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 75.2 g
- Protein 33.2 g