Recipe by AmyZoe
I topped with cilantro, but I've posted the recipe as written. Yummy little dish that was fast and easy. Recipe courtesy of All You February 2013.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 14 ounces green chilies, chopped roasted and drained
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chilies and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add cheese in 4 batches, stirring constantly, until melted. Stir in salt.
- Transfer fondue to a fondue pot or chafing dish, adjust heat to keep fondue hot, sprinkle with scallions and serve hot with tortilla chips and crudites, if desired.