Recipe by BeckyF
These should be served piping hot, right out of the oven. If you are having more than 4 people at the table make a double batch.
Top Review by kwolfert
I just realized these only had 5 reviews. Since I make them all the time I figured I should review them. They are great, easy and go with everything. Can't get much better than that. More people need to try these biscuits.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup packed aged grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a midium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cayenne, and salt.
- Whisk gently to blend.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter and Cheddar cheese until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- (Or pulse in a food processor.) Add the buttermilk and stir until just blended; do not overmix.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.