Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This was in the Dallas Morning News. The original source is Diabetes Comfort Food. Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
Top Review by Lille
Great recipe. I use medium or old cheddar and add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. I use a 1 1/2 tablespoon mini ice cream scoop to get about 25 little biscuits. This recipe is from Johanna Burkhard and is also in her 400 Best Comfort Food Recipes (my all time cookbook!).
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup light cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped plus
- extra chives, for sprinkling
- 1 cup low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter (could do this in a food processor)to make coarse crumbs. Add cheese and chives.
- Stir in milk to make a soft, sticky dough. Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop 15 portions onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with chives.
- Bake on middle rack for 18 to 20 minutes, or until edges are golden. Transfer biscuits to a rack to cool.